Thursday, December 27, 2007

They warned me about morning sickness, but this is ridiculous....

10 weeks and 3 days pregnant!

Whoever said that I'm the exception to all rules never expected me to get pregnant, apparantly. My symptoms so far have been "textbook"; if you read about it in "What to Expect When You're Expecting", I probably have it or feel it. Morning / Afternoon / Evening sickness? I've got it. Insomnia? Got it. Adversion to specific foods? Sleepiness? Thickness in the waist? Nasal stuffiness? Yep, I've got those too. All of a sudden I can't even look at red meat, I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and yet I wake up an hour later and can't fall back to sleep to save my life, I can barely fit into any of my work pants and a morning doesn't pass where I don't feel sick to my stomach. All of this, and yet I'm still going into work every day and I'm still SO excited about this baby. Everyone is saying that this will all get better when I move into the second trimester, and I really hope they are right.

I'm starting to get a little ahead of myself by thinking of themes for the nursery, names for boys and girls, and planning maternity outfits to wear to the orientations I have to go to for work in the winter and spring. Luckily, my co-workers will be more than ready to do a fair share of the orientations so I'll have fewer to do this year then I've done in the past; for the past 3 years or so I had to travel to over 12 orientations and the schedule was pretty grueling. This year I'll only have to do 7 or so which is a huge improvement for me. My last one on the schedule is in Wyoming in the end of April, so I should be good and huge by then. I already feel bad for whoever has to sit next to me on the planes for that trip!

2 comments:

steph13 said...

Hey There!
Congrats - it only gets better. We'd love to catch up.
Steph, Kevin and Brynn

Sheila said...

Hi Steph!!!

Thanks for posting the first comment on my blog! It's great to hear from you! Hope you, Kevin and Brynn are doing well. Drop me an email so I have your email address...sheilalorson@yahoo.com

We'd love to catch up, too. We think about you often!

Love,

Sheila