Saturday, December 29, 2007

The concerns and worries about what lies ahead

11 weeks pregnant!

As I mentioned before, along with the thrill of the first pregnancy comes a lot of concern and worry about what lies ahead. I know that our lives are going to change in just about every way from here on out which is both a nice thought and a scary one. We both love kids, and I have a special relationship with my best friend Karen's 8 year old daughter, Michelle, who seems to like to spend time with me, but how will I be as a mother to my own baby? I wonder if every soon-to-be mom has these same thoughts. Ted and I also really love to spend time with our neices and nephews; I love how our twin neices Julia and Olivia's faces light up when they see us and they love to be silly with their Uncle Ted!





When I first found out that I was pregnant and due right in the middle of the busy season at my work, I panicked. I love my job and really thrive on the action that goes on in the summer. I know that me having a baby right in the middle of all that is really going to make things difficult for me, my boss and of course my co-workers. Add that to the fact that the BBQ season is in full swing that time of year, and I was one freaked out chick when they told me I was due on July 22nd. Well, I've never been known for my timing, I guess. I hope it doesn't say horrible things about me that I initially worried about my job and the BBQ team before anything else. I hope it was just the fact that I was totally blindsided by this.


I am embracing this pregnancy fully now. I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby and feel him or her kick and move around. Ted and I walked through the kid's section at Macy's recently and prior to Christmas I spent an awful lot of time in Toys R Us, and I can't wait to start buying things for this baby. I know, I know...there are plenty of difficult times and sleepless nights ahead of me, too, but I can at least be looking forward to the fun stuff, right?



No comments: