Sunday, February 3, 2008

Groundhog's Day and Superbowl Sunday

Yesterday was Groundhog's Day and also my Dad's birthday, and the official start of my orientation season for work. My co-workers Theresa, Sabrina and I headed off to White River Junction, Vermont (jealous?) in the morning in a fancy, red Chevy Aveo (NOW are you jealous?) while my immediate family celebrated my Dad's big day by participating in the Essex, CT Groundhog's Day parade. Here's a photo that Ted took of my Dad and his Grandkids Jack, Julia and Olivia. Notice my Dad's snazzy, custom-made Groundhog hat:






I wish I could have been there, but I needed to be at the orientation since I pretty much re-vamped it this year and I needed the practice with the new transitions and some new info I've added. I also wanted Theresa and Sabrina watch me go through the presentation before I send them out on their own to do them. I think the orientation went well and we were able to hit the road to return home a little after 3pm which worked out fine.



When I got home, Ted came right outside and we headed to my Dad's house so that I could at least see him for a little while on his birthday. Glenna fed us well, as always, and we had a great chat about politics, my work, and of course the baby! They gave Ted and I some great advice about naming the baby once we find out whether it will be a boy or a girl, and loved the names we have in mind. (More on that at a later time...stay tuned) I showed them all the updated sonogram photos and they just seem genuinely thrilled about this baby. Thanks, Dad and Glenna for a great evening!

Sunday was Superbowl Sunday, and we had a lazy day for the most part. Ted fired up the smoker and cooked up some ABT's (jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and pulled pork and wrapped in bacon) and some chicken wings so we could pig out during the game. Now, I usually only watch the Superbowl for the commercials (typical chick move) but I had a real interest in seeing the Giants win this one and watched mostly the whole game, taking only a half hour break to talk to Karen on the phone. It was such an exciting game at the end, and I had fun spending the time with Ted and he was very patient answering all my silly "what does that mean" questions. In the last few minutes, I even felt a few flutters in my belly that I'm sure were the baby...this kid will be a Giants fan for sure!




No comments: