Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The First Hiccup...Literally

For the last few weeks the baby has been kicking up a storm. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, or where I am, or what is going on around me; he makes his presence known A LOT. Believe me, I'm not complaining one bit. I actually love it and cherish it. Today, something a little unusual happened, though. I was working hard and getting a lot done at my desk and felt a little jab to the middle part of my belly. Since it was a strange place for the baby to kick me, I sat back for a few seconds, and then I felt the same sensation again about 10 seconds later. By the third jab, I realized that he wasn't kicking at all, but he had the hiccups! These big hearty hiccups lasted for about 3 minutes and really made me giggle. Seriously, this whole experience is crazy!!!

I am officially in my third trimester today...we're in the homestretch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll feel him be more active when you are still and you'll rock the baby to sleep when you move. Doesn't seem fair, does it?! Has Ted finally felt him kick? xo

Sheila said...

Yes, Ted's finally felt it! It is an amazing feeling! This whole thing is incredible and admittedly a little weird too!

See you soon, Auntie!

Love, Sheila